Ian Williams have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our established capital (planned and refurbishment works) business based in Wrexham,
We don’t just strive to be a contractor of choice but to be the best performing contractor and to do this we need an additional commercially focused Quantity Surveyor who matches that same ambition to deliver. Initially working on a successful and large whole house refurbishments framework you will continue to deliver this to the highest standards possible whilst also exploring other opportunities to further strengthen our order book, long term.
- A realistic and achievable performance reward scheme, we want you to feel challenged, but we want you to succeed
- Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want our employees to have a well-balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns would be considered.
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
The Quantity Surveyor role:
As a Quantity Surveyor you will actively tender, estimate and measure onsite therefore you are fully involved from tendering and estimating through to final accounts, with the ability to have real impact on our profitability and ultimately our commercial success.
Our Wrexham branch can offer you the security of a long-term framework with our established housing client as well as the opportunity to be a part of our a growing order book in the North.
The Quantity Surveyor duties:
- Measure and prepare cost estimates for contracts and tenders, highlighting any risks
- Manage the pricing of tenders to maximise business wins and profitability
- Prepare cost value reconciliations for contracts, identifying commercial risks and opportunities to ensure correct contract planning
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start, including direct labour incentives
- Build strong client relations, to ensure any variations and progress of contracts are discussed
- Take purchase, credit and debtor responsibility using COINS to achieve expected cash flow
- Check, complete and analyse weekly reporting from site to ensure there is adequate cost information (including labour rates and performance exceptional to budget, value, progress, quality and safety)
- Support the Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities; presenting to customers and developing tender specific method statements
What will you bring as a Quantity Surveyor?
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role with estimating/ tendering and measuring experience
- Experience of successfully managing a value of works collectively of up to, £2 million
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with key eye for identifying business opportunities and developing key existing relationships.
- You will be analytical, organised and honest as well as being a genuine ‘people person’ who relishes in communicating effectively with their clients, trade teams and immediate colleagues fostering a real ‘working together’ environment.
- Experience of working on Schedule of Rates type contracts is preferred with the ability to price minor works from first principles.
Additional benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Medical and life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
- For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website
What it’s like to be a Quantity Surveyor at Ian Williams:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
If you think you have what it takes to become our Quantity Surveyor, then click “Apply” now!
About Ian Williams Ltd:
Discover more, not just from our website but through our Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed and Glassdoor pages.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Ian Williams—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.