Prevail AccountanWe are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to our practice to maintain our clients' financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Job Includes working closely with the accountant to create and analyze financial reports, process accounts payable, receivable and payroll.
Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree and is familiar with accounting software packages, like XERO and Receipt Bank. Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all financial transactions for our clients.
We offer flexible work on a remote basis, moving to a balanced office/home working.
Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct daybook, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
Bring the books to the trial balance stage
Perform partial checks of the posting process
Complete and check tax forms - VAT
Process accounts receivable/payable in a real-time information
Reading financial statements and being able to produce a set of management accounts
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Analytical skills
- Reading financial statements
- Understanding of a Balance sheet
- Produce simple cash flow forecast
- Great Knowledge of manual Journals, accruals and prepayments
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping principles and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and cloud software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Customer service orientation
- The high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration