Our Wrexham branch seek a Contract Manager to manage the successful delivery of our major house refurbishment contract to the highest quality and customer satisfaction, whilst investing and building a positive and motivated in-house trade team.
Ian Williams are a leading property services contractor who provide safe, secure, and supportive working environments for its site and office-based teams. We seek a Contract Manager who embodies these values and can continue to facilitate the successful completion of our major voids contract, on time, in budget and to the highest standards possible.
Wrexham Capital are proud to be rated by its employees as one of the happiest and top performing branches and look forward to welcoming an additional Contract Manager to their team.
- A realistic and achievable performance reward scheme
- Company car and an outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance; we consider a variety of working patterns and are happy to talk flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
The Contracts Manager role:
You will be responsible for managing a large social housing refurbishment contract, completing major void refurbishments to the required standards on time and in budget whilst always maintaining the client and our customers at the heart of what you do.
- You will instil ownership and responsibility in your teams, working with Site Managers, Forepersons and direct and subcontract trade teams to support the successful delivery of works to the expected standards, on time and to budget.
- You’ll ensure and enforce Health and Safety measures are in place and monitored.
- You will build relationships both internally and externally. We encourage commercial and operational teams to work closely together to ensure successful delivery of any contract.
- You'll see the benefit in managing your own time so that you can visit site regularly to maintain productivity and be in the office to ensure procedures and reports are up to date.
At Ian Williams we want to be the best performing contractor and understand that this starts from within. Acknowledging our trades importance and our commitment and investment to direct delivery is paramount therefore we seek to like-minded individuals to share in this ethos.
What will you bring as a Contract Manager?
- Relevant experience of Contract Management in a similar role ideally from within the housing refurbishment sector although we encourage applications from other transferrable backgrounds too
- Demonstrable experience of managing direct labour, including development and performance management of a team
- An SMSTS qualification (preferred) with a sound working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements (essential)
- A trade background (all trades considered to NVQ level 2 or equivalent) preferred but not essential
- The ability to build successful working relationships with customers, clients and employees
- An understanding of cost and risk management
Additional benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Medical insurance and life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
If you think you think you have what it takes to become our next Contract Manager, then click “Apply” now!
About Ian Williams Ltd:
Discover more, not just from our website but through our Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed and Glassdoor pages.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Ian Williams—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website.