Account
Browse

Flexible fund

This fund supports organisations that have identified a gap in industry skills and have come up with a project idea to solve this problem. 

We invest in projects aimed at innovation or training and development. Your project should provide a new and transferrable solution to challenges facing the industry that can’t be funded through other means.

Unless otherwise stated, your project should aim to benefit other industry employers, that means:

  • CITB-registered employers
  • Employers who have the potential to become levy-registered employers. 

We won't fund projects which are similar to previous funded projects. To make sure that your idea has not already been covered in previous projects, check our funded projects directory and see How to apply.


  1. You are eligible to apply for funding if you fall into one of the following three categories:
    • CITB-registered employers
    • Construction industry federations and trade associations
    • CITB-approved training groups.
  2. You should form collaborations of 3 or more eligible organisations
  3. You should ensure that the organisations in your collaboration don't work exclusively in the same supply chain.

You can apply for sums from £10,000 to £500,000.

We will fund up to 70% of the total cost of a project, and you will need to find match funding for the other 30%.

You should apply for CITB Grant where it is available to help your project, but do not include any grant applications as match funding.

We recommend that your proposed project lasts 18 months.

Other funding by Mancheshare

Long Period Qualification Grants

Type: Business

Expires: 31/12/2020

Total funding: £0

Individual funding: £3,000

Minimum company size: 1

Tradesmen and Construction Services  

OverviewWe pay grants for attending and achieving approved, higher level qualifications that are focused on the core construction skills needed...

www.citb.co.uk

Short Period Qualification Grants

Type: Business

Expires: 31/12/2020

Total funding: £0

Individual funding: £600

Minimum company size: 1

Tradesmen and Construction Services  

OverviewThis grant pays for the achievement of approved short-period qualifications in core construction skills. These include:NVQ and SVQ Levels 2...

www.citb.co.uk

SME Apprenticeship Support

Type: Business

Expires: 31/12/2020

Total funding: £0

Individual funding: £3,000

Minimum company size: 1

Greater Manchester #SEEDIFFERENT SME Apprenticeship Support offers grants to non-levy paying employers to recruit and deliver high quality Apprenticeships, workforce...

www.theapprenticeshiphub.co.uk

Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme (GBVS) - UK

Type: Business

Expires: 31/12/2020

Total funding: £0

Individual funding: £2,500

Minimum company size: 1

Full fibre broadband connections offer the fastest and most reliable speeds available, and the government is committed to a vision...

gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk

Salford Skills For Business Apprenticeship Fund

Type: Business

Expires: 31/12/2020

Total funding: £0

Individual funding: £3,000

Minimum company size: 1

Your organisation can benefit from a trailblazing new apprenticeship fund developed by Salford public and private sector organisations. Whether you...

www.salford.gov.uk